Saturday 16 July 2011

A Royal visit...














It's been a busy week.... and the crowning glory has been the official visit from The Queen mum....well 'my mum.' It's a 400 mile round trip for this dashing 83 year old to come and inspect my arrangement of canvas, paint and timber.
"I got the thumbs up!"

Mrs P is the lady who blessed me with the skills that have pushed me thus far, and for that (and many other things)  I'm very grateful .... suffice to say 'Mums happy with the show' ( if she's happy.. 'I'm happy') and she even laughed at her portrait...

Today marks the end of week one of my six week exhibition .... Thank you to the people who have left positive and encouraging comments. They really are appreciated. Sales have been fantastic too... and I'm really delighted about that!

Next week I'm back to the drawing board and the easel preparing for the Open Studio Arts festival in September...  It's a great event and I'm looking forward to it.
More news on that soon.

c

No comments: