Friday 13 July 2012

The sun seeker...





















Not sure what it's been like where you are... but it's been raining here... And doing it with some style!
Even the plants are hiccuping, drunk with H2o. This week I dashed for the hills, 'it rained.' Navigated numerous motorways 'it rained harder,' down in the valleys and soaring high to the gods, 'it rained harder still.' Feeling cheated of our summer I went even further west to Pembrokeshire... 'I did see the sun,' though shrouded in cloud most of the time. I returned home, waterlogged, tired and thinking of Barcelona.

The upside of this of course that with it being pretty mild and wet, my sheltered garden looks quite tremendous... and of course the grass does grow and grow and so on. This I witnessed some weeks back whilst drawing and painting a church local to me... It was impossible to get the lawns cut for their various summer events... although it was a spectacular display of grasses and wild flower... It caught my eye rather than being an eye sore...and I do recall the sun shining along with Mr Blue Sky appearing. Ah, 'those were the days my friends..'


Title: Gordon, for lawds sake man.. 'cut the grass!'
Acrylic on panel,
25cm x30cm

2 comments:

Anna Wilson-Patterson said...

welcome home,
its splish, splosh in sussex

the veg artist said...

I could have warned you about the weather here in the west. I was born here, but can't remember a "summer" like it. Hope you managed to find some dry spots to draw though!