Thursday 16 August 2012

My optimum friend




Us creative types have all manner of gadgets and toys to aid our creativity. Whether it's computers, digital cameras, books, poetry, music, love, art or beauty. I guess at different times I indulge in them all but my tool of choice is a 6b pencil. I regularly wield pens and pencils of all grades; charcoal, brush pen, inks, paints, pastels.... but when I'm out and about seeking a rapid sketch or indeed a more considered drawing my 6b is always to hand. Whether it be a light waft of lead or a dense dollop of graphite, fine line or scribble 'It's '6b for me!









Sketches for future paintings..
Cransley resovoir, 14th August and another sunny evening.

Acrylic on board, 6b pencil on paper and working in conjunction with brain, eye and hand.

2 comments:

the veg artist said...

I'm a charcoal pencil girl, myself, when I'm out and about. You can recognise me by the smudges on my fingertips (and also usually on the cuffs as well!).

chris prout said...

Charcoal is good for me too after a pen...

Charcoal is a bit messy but fun... saying that, I get in heck of a state with acrylic. Thats life!