Friday 5 April 2013

The winds of change...


Being creative there are moments when you make, paint, see, feel or hear something that becomes ones guiding light. A stepping stone maybe or vision of the way to progress and move ones work forward. Illustrated here is such a piece I produced in 2007. As much as I love this painting and have rejected selling it many times... my problem has been.. well I found it engaging and yet challenging too. Challenging in the respect I had no idea how to develop these marks in a consistent and organic painterly way. However, I do now and I'm so pleased I held onto it. For years it's been parked on the wall out side the loo.

I believe we all have these moments, it's a case of acknowledging them I guess... for me these signs are  beacons and guide my subliminal highway code to the future. They come along at different times and for many different reasons... and long may that continue!

Waters edge
20x20cm 
acrylic on canvas.






1 comment:

the veg artist said...

Sometimes the brush or pencil produces something seemingly of its own volition. We can look at a piece and wonder how it happened. I've read that some people say it happens when they are "in the zone". I know that the less conscious we are of what we are doing, the more these unexpected, often lovely, results occur.
Our thinking then has to catch up!