Wednesday 14 May 2014

In the works...






Preparations are going well for my solo show in July. This morning was warm and sunny and a great day for working out of doors and allowing me a little more elbow room.

I'm a stickler for well presented artwork. I do have the help of a quality picture framer and a really skilled carpenter. I undertake all the prep and finishing myself but I really do require the excellent assistance of my chums.

Many a great painting is overlooked by shoddy or ill advised framing. I have a style that's has taken me many years to develop. I make no excuses here and say it's jolly hard work but it seriously makes a difference. Let's face it when you purchase a car for instance, once the 'type' has been selected it's the trim and finer details that are agonised over, like alloy wheels, cloth and coloured fluffy dice! I'm sure you get my drift... It's the same for a painting and lets face it most people try and match the trim of their living room carpet to match the frame and painting!...

So I'm always mindful of neutrality and style. A painting at the end of the day is a product, an emotional one of course and one that has to be lived with.

Anyway, here we are in the garden and enjoying the sunshine...

No comments: