Sunday 29 June 2014

A starting point

Next Saturday 5th July will be opening of my new solo show.  It's the first display of my work at the county's principal gallery for 3 years. I feel very lucky to have a nice big space to display my new work which just so happens to be only 10 minutes away from my studio! This also promises to be the biggest exhibition I've had in the UK to date.
On display along with lots of contrasting land and seascapes from the West and East, big and small, long and tall..  shall be selection of my working drawings and paintings. They are very much part of my creative process and really compliment the bigger finished work.

Here's once such preparatory work.. If you come to the show you'll be able to see how it looks worked up from 20cm square in monotone to 1m square canvas in colour.


Harbour reflected, Brancaster Staithe
20x20cm Framed behind glass
Acrylic on paper



No comments: