Thursday 11 June 2015

Explanatory notes...


































Here is a recent work of mine currently being displayed in Cardiff. It's one of my personal favourites. In a recent press article I was asked to explain my motives for creating the painting. Here is what I had to say...

"In recent years I’ve had the opportunity to rediscover Wales and it’s diverse landscape. Monmouth and surrounds is one such place. This town on the Monnow (river) is a smashing location. A bustling market town with the river thundering through the heart of it. This high level viewing point caught my attention. When sketching this view I was being drenched in warm spring sunshine. Trees were laden with fresh new growth and folk were walking, talking and lazing. It was a very relaxing moment and a lovely view to capture. The scene is quite ‘impressionistic’, dreamy almost in style... The river plays a dominant role in the composition as the Wye and Monnow do in Monmouth itself."

The exhibition continues along with a lovely selection of works by the South Wales Potters until 20th June.




No comments: