Thursday 23 August 2018

As I walked out one mid summer morning...






































Some weeks back when our usually green and pleasant land was scorched and parched I took myself for a wander to the Peak district. The plan was to record and enjoy the day. I pitched up in Rowsley armed with sketchbook and pencil, an open mind and an iron lung. I walked for nearly 6 hours on a hot and dusty collecting visual reference points of interest and using the river Wye as my walking companion and guide. Lots of drawing was done and in the following weeks I painted 10 new works which will be on show at Gallerytop during September 2018

Illustrated above is one of the works. A view through the trees and along the Wye to Chatsworth..
A lovely walk at anytime of year..













No comments: