Tuesday 2 June 2009

Back to work...





























I've been away for an energising 9 day break from the studio. I sampled the air of Tyne and Wear, Yorkshire Dales and South West Wales. Along with the family obligations and general pottering what was meant to be a relaxing week off turned into a serious activity holiday...All great fun of course and some of the real hot spots were Yorkshire Sculpture Park and Saltaire, with the Hockney gallery and associated crafts people. Both excellent for refuelling the visual part of the creative brain and then down South, in Wales at Langland Bay near Swansea. A terrific coastline. It's a place I visit frequently and in the past few months I've been inspired by witnessing the most exciting storm passing over the bay ( I was in the thick of it) I've painted a series of sequential images of just that moment!

This is one of the images... titled 'Coming in from the West.' 
It's 1m x 50cm  acrylic paint, some John Innes No3, sawdust, gum and ketchup, skilfully plastered on stretched box canvas and encapsulated in varnish.


No comments: