Friday 5 June 2009

A recent sale.. 'Hot at Hidcote.'







I like this format, another 1m x 50cm. 
I'm also aware that images on the web one has no sense of scale of a piece of work unless stated. Which of course begs the question...'Does size matter???' Oh yesss!!!  

Well of course it does, It's all about your wall and how big it is.  Nowadays with wonderful scanners and digital whizzkiddery you can make the smallest sketch any size you want really. However if you've original art... you need some Idea of just how big the image and frame is.
So, I shall for ever more state the artwork size as matter of good practice. 

Recently I had the thrill of handing over some paintings that have been favourites of mine for some time, they were kind of buddies and painterly bench marks for me to refer to and move on. I was initially saddened by their decision to move on, (I've moved on I guess too) however flattered when they were purchased. But boy did they find themselves a good home, they looked as if they'd always belonged. A great feeling for me and they look really really smart indeedy!  

Images soon...

Best
C



No comments: