Monday 13 September 2010

Open Studios 2010

Just wanted to thank everybody who took the time and made the effort to visit me for The Opens Studios visual arts festival this past weekend. We had a terrific turn out and being blessed with half decent weather helped create a fun and enjoyable event.  We had some really entertaining and lovely people visiting and thank you very very much for the complimentary natter and encouragement ....though it has to be said, that they were mainly about the cake and coffee on offer ( I must try harder with my paintings!) 



We had only one hiccup during the proceedings, my loyal and trustworthy pooch who helped himself to a bar of Green and Black chocolate! Dognapped from a visitors handbag'...Out of character for him but at least he's got half decent taste! So if you are planning a visit..'you've been warned!' One discerning dog!

All this fun and creative mayhem happens once again this forthcoming weekend...17th 18th & 19th September  11am - 6pm 

And there's also a triple wammy on offer too...


Not only am I showing from my studio /gallery but I'm most chuffed to be showing at the wonderful museum and gallery at 78 Derngate in Northampton. I've got some new paintings on display.....oh yeah and it also happens to be the only Charles Rennie Mackintosh designed building in England.....( It's a cracking place, please do visit..lovely restaurant...)  Also another 'feather in me cap' is exhibiting in the Classy Croftwingates gallery in Market Harborough. A site specific selection of new artwork of Market Harborough by me, alongside the very talented Jeremy Barlow and smooth swing of Peter Barker. The staff also serenade you with a really good coffee and a comfy sofa so you can concentrate on the artwork.... just make sure you ask for a biscuit!


Both galleries are showing my work through September and early October. So if you get the chance... it's well worth a peek!

Some example of what you can expect to see are shown below...

















No comments: