Tuesday 21 September 2010

Thank you..

To all who visited my studio / gallery over the past two weekends of the opens studios event 2010 a gracious thank you from me. Being tucked away in the sticks I realise that it is a bit of an effort to come and have a gawp at my work and workings... I've had a really good time and I hope you have too.


The residual effect of this event is that it leaves me feeling quite knackered...being a quiet bloke most of the time and wiling away in my creative nerve centre at the foot of the garden ...I tend to listen to the radio, watch birdies, practice my whistling or simply listen to my pooch making pooch noises ...as they do.
It's a quiet life, so having to natter about my work and practice takes some effort, but once I'm in the swing of things I have to admit ' I really enjoy it.'


Some thank yous too...to The OS 2010 Organising team, Mr G, On The Edge, Colemans, The lovely Typestarters, the even lovelier Boydy and the eternally young Al... my sales adviser and security guard. 
With out the assistance of my quiet team all this stuff just wouldn't occur...The display is hardly Tate Modern but without this help my Open Studio would be more of a stage set for Steptoe and Son. 


On a very positive note, sales have been excellent and the number of visitors up too... possibly the best yet....so all things considered an excellent effort all round.


Also for your attention ...A selection of new artworks are currently on display in Market Harborough at  Croft Wingates gallery and at 78 Derngate, Northampton .....both superb venues and are well worth a view.



Best

C













1 comment:

T said...

Pleased you've had a good experience this OS - pleased too for pooch who obviously has it sussed too!

Never enough time weekends to do visual art things, we would have loved to find you out there in the sticks!...(Married to a musician weekends are gigs!)...Glad you had a good gig anyway!

See you soon
Best regards
Tina...and no - haven't finished a painting since last we spoke! x