Tuesday 3 July 2012

A self portrait and being at one with oneself...



















I looked in the mirror and thought ...'I'm not painting that!'


So one thinks to ones self, 'why does a portrait have to be of ones mug shot?'
And being the kinda bloke I am, one thought 'lets work from the floor up.'  Nice one!

A good friend said to me some weeks ago, the most appealing part of a body are someones eyes.
"Windows to the soul" she said.
I agree, they are. So, with this in mind here is my version of that statement, and a self portrait viewed from ones ankles down.

Titled : 'Windows to the sole'
I suppose feet and the way you dress them really do give an insight to ones day to day perambulations.

Ps... the furry boots are not mine.




2 comments:

the veg artist said...

Boots for painting, boots for walking with the dog and 'tidy' shoes for public use. What more does one need? If only I could stop at three pairs! (I'm female!)

chris prout said...

'Tidy' shoes indeed. Very Welsh!