Monday 20 August 2012

Bring me sunshine...






































'C'mon altogether'  I'll start... 
'Bring me Sunshine, in your smile, bring me laughter, all the while, In this world where we live, there should be more happiness, So much joy you can give, to each brand new bright tomorrow...     la la larrrr la la larrr.... la la la larrrr...dum tee dum dum dum, pom pom pom........pom pom pom.... ...  .. . '     

Ok, ok, maybe the sunshine has a strange effect.

I was driven to complete this yesterday... the hottest day of the year, listening to the beach boys and wearing only vented cotton underwear and knotted hanky.  
It cheers me up no end and it is the silly season I guess.

Bring me sunshine
Acrylic on canvas
100cmx100cm


Respect to Eric and Ernie.

3 comments:

Anna Wilson-Patterson said...

Bring me rainbows, from the skies
Life's too short to be spent having anything but fun

the veg artist said...

We've had a few warm hours here (not whole days, you understand), my garden is soggy and I've scarcely developed a freckle, so DON'T RUB IT IN!!!
Perhaps I should print out giant copies of this painting and paste it over all my windows!

chris prout said...

Freckles... Thats really quite funny!