Friday 24 August 2012

Whilst walking by water...













Next year sees my second solo exhibition, it takes place during July, August and September 2013. (There will also be a 2014 solo exhibition)  A lot of the work is well underway and hopefully the show will be completed by this December. It's titled 'Whilst walking by water' and it's themed on my weekly perambulations with Josh 'my dog' and friends in around the waterways of Northamptonshire. As a county we are landlocked but we have the great fortune to have reservoirs, rivers, brooks and ponds to explore and delight in. We also have big skies to feast our peepers at too... so expect an amalgam of light, drama and a chink of water to enjoy.

Personally 'I feel'I've had a quiet year of showing and displaying artwork through 2012,  I've actually been incredibly busy,  have sold lots of work and now I'm replenishing stock... I've had a few months 'catch up' after various events 'tripped me up.' But I'm delighted to announce that I'm up to full speed and painting really well. And what's very important for me is 'I'm enjoying the process.'

September looms and it's a favourite time of year. The new term starts with the Northamptonshire Open studios visual arts festival. ( have I mentioned this before?)  Starting on the 8th... Loads of new work, and some already earmarked for next summers show. It'll be a mix of images, in fact if I gave the display a working title it would be called 'Medley.' So, if you are in and around the area, 'come and have a nosey.'

Illustrated above:
'The sheep shuffle,'  Hollowell reservoir
Acrylic on panel
97cm x 30cm


No comments: